Sunday, March 11, 2012



Although the first cars with Jaguar logo appeared only in 1945, the company's roots go back to the 20-ies. to a small company from Blackpool, producing wheelchairs for motorcycles. Its owners, William Lyons (William Lyons) and William Walmsley (William Walmsley) produced wheelchairs Swallow ("Swallow"). Then they started producing special bodies for passenger cars. At the same time, the company moved to Coventry. The first car "SS" appeared in 1931, a new series of machines, called SS-Jaguar, began producing in 1935, all of them were created by Lyons.

The well-known figure in the frozen jaguar jump was as elegant as the cars William Lyons' 50-60s.
In 1935, Walmsley left the company. At the same time the firm became SS Cars ("Es Es Carzou") with William Lyons as the main shareholder, who retired only in 1972 letters "SS" were deleted from the title in 1945, all cars came to be called simply Jaguar . Developing the company was close to the area Foulshill Coventry. In 1951-52 years. She took on the preservation of the public who is a military factory in Browns Lane Ellesli, which became the headquarters of the company.

Before the Second World War the company was known as the Jaguar SS Cars. The most popular pre-war model - "SS100"
The authority of the Jaguar after the war has grown significantly thanks to the design of cars, modern engine, "HC" and a wonderful sports models such as "HK120". In the mid-50s. It also produced racing and sports cars "C" and "D", which for seven years, won the 24-hour race at Le Mans five times.
In the 60's. the company expanded by acquiring other firms and updating the product range. In 1960 it absorbed Daimler ("Daimler"), and in 1963 - Coventry Stach ("Coventry Klaymeks"), together with Henry Meadows ("Meadows, Henry") and Guy Motors ("Guy Motors").
Probably shinai famous of all Jaguar models "E" to reach a maximum speed of 240 km / h
The first 2.4-liter sedan with a monocoque body turned into a model of "Mk II", "S" and "420". In addition, Jaguar has released a striking sports car and the "E" and a giant sedan "Mk X". Production increased from 10 thousand cars in 1955 to 25 thousand in the mid 60s.
Sir William Lyons, knighted in the mid 50s., Sold his company to concern Navy (Bi-MCG) in 1966 In 1968, Jaguar became part of the group British Leyland ("British Leyland"). In the same year there was a model "XJ6", for her in 1971, came the turn of the engine V12. Annual output jumped to 32.5 thousand cars in the mid 70s., But then the quality and competitiveness of its products had fallen to dangerous levels.
In 1975, Jaguar became part of the state-owned company, and its future seemed bleak for some time. With the advent of a new chairman Sir Michael Edwards (Michael Edwardes) approach to solving problems has become more realistic.
Jaguar XJ220 entered into a limited sale in 1992 so the company entered the market for supercars. "XJ220" was the fastest serial car in the world. Total produced 350 cars
Things have improved in the 80's. by Chairman Sir John Egan (John Egan), 6-cylinder engine "AJ6" (1973) and the privatization of Jaguar in 1984 two years after it was introduced sedan "XJ6" new generation, but there were financial difficulties. The company moved in 1989 under the control of the concern Ford ("Ford"). Having received strong support, Jaguar introduced in the late 90s. a series of "XJ" with engine V8, sports cars, "HK8" sedans and "S".

No comments:

Post a Comment