Morgan Motor Company was founded in 1910 in Malvern Linke. Over the next 25 years built a three-wheeled vehicle with a single rear drive wheel. Interestingly, all of them had an independent front suspension candle, which the company has persistently used and its subsequent models. Three-wheeled vehicles have a tubular frame until 1933 then moved to the company stamped frame with the Z-shaped spars - this is an extant feature of the design of automobiles Morgan. The peak of popularity of three-wheeled vehicles came on the 20-ies. The demand for them remained until 1951
The emblem of Morgan pointed to the index model. In this case - "8"
With the change in state tax policy in the mid 30s. there was a sharp drop in sales of such vehicles. Company founder Henry Morgan (Henry Morgan) quickly established a regular 4-wheeled sports car. Its production began in 1935 as the firm has been and remains a small family business, she bought a lot of parts. Morgan, for example, never produced engines. A new model of "four quarters" retained much of its predecessors: the frame spars with Z-shaped cross section, candle independent front suspension, open box on a wooden frame with wings like a motorcycle, and all mechanical components and assemblies.
Morgan has earned its reputation producing sports a 3-wheeled vehicles. The photo - a model with a motorcycle engine JAP. Later the company produced the same car with car engines
By the standards of the 30-ies. construction of "four quarters" was quite modern, but after the Second World War, the company has not made any changes to the device of their cars. At the same time, other manufacturers make their cars more streamlined, improved interior trim, chassis and suspension. Improvement of aggregates occurred gradually: first, a new engine, upgraded brakes and then a year later transmission, a year later the steering mechanism. The appearance remained virtually unchanged. By two-seater added 4-person cars, to sports and tourism - coupe with a retractable top. The only violation of the tradition was short-lived Plus Four Plus ("Plus Four Plus") with a fiberglass body, which Morgan's son, Peter, admitted a mistake.
The applicants offer to acquire the company rejected: in the 50s. from the Standard-Triumph ("Standard-Triumph"), in 1966 by Rover ("Rover"). The company continued peaceful existence. While the demand for cars archaic Morgan declined, but still stretched out on the waiting list ... 10 years. Peter's son, Charlie, leading the company in the early 90s., Tried to bring the company to a modern level. While traditional methods of construction are preserved, the cars were to meet strict safety requirements. They have a frame made of aluminum honeycomb and composite elements, and the body a number of models of fiberglass. Traditions Morgan broke down in 2001, when the production of fundamentally new vehicle Aero-8 ("Aero-8").